We’ve discussed the importance of multi-purpose furnishings for small spaces. There are multitudes of multi-purpose pieces but one of the hottest is the bar cart!
Bar carts/serving carts are perfect for almost every room in your home.
Obviously, the bar cart is meant to be..well, a bar cart!
It’ll add a classy touch to your dining or living area. Terrific when you’re entertaining. It’s super easy to move wherever the party is happening.
Even better, it’s excellent storage…especially if cupboard space is lacking.
Here are eight excellent ways to use a bar cart in your home.
- Use one in the kitchen as a place to store baskets and serving pieces.
- It could be a coffee bar with your coffee maker, mugs, and other coffee making necessities.
- The top can double as a countertop for rolling out cookie dough or whipping up a batch of muffins.
- Have a bar cart in your office to hold supplies like reference books, printer and printer paper, pens and pencils, etc.
- In a bathroom as a spot for fluffy towels and bath salts and a bouquet of flowers! Pretty as can be and useful, too.
- In a bedroom as a nightstand or a spot to hold makeup and jewelry.
- A bar cart would be terrific in a craft room. If you don’t have a craft room but you’re a crafter, keep a cart in a closet stocked with your craft supplies.
- A plant stand is also a great use for a bar cart. A nice decorating piece but also could be rolled outdoors in nice weather and back inside when it’s cold or rainy.
There are dozens of other ideas on Pinterest. Check them out!
Need a few styling ideas? HGTV offers more than a dozen ideas for styling a bar cart plus a list of essential
Two of my favorite bar carts:
This wood and metal bar cart from Tribecca Home is rustic but elegant and easily fits in a contemporary or traditional room.
The top tray is removable and it has two locking wheels. Plus, it boasts these custom features:
1. Poplar wood and black sand metal materials
2. Wineglass inserts, tray top, bottom storage, metal hardware pulls, two (2) locking wheels
3. Tray top depth: 2.86 inches Bottom storage depth: 5.86 inches
Did you know that Amazon has dozens and dozens of Bar Carts for whatever your particular style is…contemporary, traditional, funky, rustic…you name it?
You’ll find just what you’re looking for to round out the decor in your small space.
If you’re an Amazon Prime Member, shipping is fast and free!
Here’s a classy contemporary cart. It’s chrome with black tempered glass shelves. Since it’s on wheels (most of them are) it could easily be wheeled onto your deck or patio for an outdoor party or barbecue.our
There are many ways to use a bar cart…as a nightstand, a coffee station, a plant stand, etc.
You must check out these great photos and ideas in this Apartment Therapy post: 7 Other Ways to Use a Bar Cart.
You’ll find an idea that’ll work for you that you haven’t even thought of!
Build Your Own Barcart Tutorial!
I’ve just found a clever DIYer who has posted a tutorial for constructing your own bar cart. Here’s the link: DIY Outdoor Rolling Bar Cart
I think I’d like to use the copper tubing just the way it is but painting it black is a fine idea, too. What do you think?
Do you have a bar cart or serving cart that you’re using for its traditional purpose or in a unique way? I’d love to see photos.
Please do comment and if you have a question, I’ll be happy to give you my best answer!