- Website URL: www.target.com
- List Price: $119.99 plus 5% discount if you use your Red Card)
- Dimensions: 72″ H x 30.6″ W x 13.6″ D
- Shelf Capacity: 75 lbs. (Total Capacity: 375 lbs.)
- Available in 5 Colors: Chestnut, Midtone Cherry, Espresso, Ebony, White
- Care: Wipe clean with a dry cloth
- Assembly Required
- Reviews: 4.6 Stars (See My Review Below)
Before I moved to Arizona, I owned a townhouse in Minnesota about half the size of the lake home that I sold. In a previous post, The Challenge of Small Spaces, you will see that downsizing was a huge challenge for me.
But perseverance and determination are two of my best character traits and I put both of them to the test during that move!
One room, just off my dining area, was a small sitting room or study. I often had my computer on the little desk that’s there (although I confess to doing most of my work at my dining table).
I wanted to have bookshelves in that space but it’s small, of course, and I didn’t want to make it appear any smaller than it is.
Another dilemma is that I’m partial to dark woods. Their warmth appeals to me. But putting large dark bookcases in a small space was counterproductive.
One day while I was shopping in my local Target store, I found just what I was looking for. Two of these Threshold Carson Bookcases. They were just the right size. Not too deep, either, so they don’t jut out into the room. I liked the Espresso finish.
I couldn’t buy them at the actual Target store because I had no way to get them home. So I ordered them from Target online and got free shipping and they were delivered to my home within a few days.
Each bookcase was packed with the instructions right on top. Everything was bubble wrapped and the box was lined with foam.
- It’s easy to assemble if you follow the directions…took about an hour (per bookcase)
- It’s sturdy
- It has a rich, high-quality appearance.
- It blends beautifully with my antiques as well as my more contemporary pieces.
- It’s a very good value
- I would definitely recommend this.
A few reviewers complained that the boxes were damaged and one or two didn’t think the quality is as good as they expected. It’s not meant to be a high-end piece so expectations should have reflected that.
My opinion is that for the price, it’s a great value.
Please let me know if you purchase this bookcase and your thoughts on its quality and value. My purpose is to present furniture solutions for small spaces and this qualifies as an excellent choice.
I love to shop at Target.
Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned!